Hey Sir,
Do you have any of these i can borrow?
- Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs
- Walden by Henry David Thoreau
- A Separate Peace by John Knowles
- The Stranger by Albert Camus
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald
Right now I'm [gradually] reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence, Memories of a Catholic Girlhood by Mary McCarthy and Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann.
My next target is To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee; and HOPEFULLY The Catcher in the Rye.
By the way Sir, my folio poem is entitled "Absolutely Nothing" and by Osoanon Nimuss.
Thanks!
~ Alex
Ironically, I have none of those books that you want, but have all the ones you are currently reading.
ReplyDeleteDid you get my copy of Catcher in the Rye? I can't remember if I got it to you. If not, I'll get it to you first day back.
If you're after some Albert Camus, I think I have "The Plague." (The book; not an actual plague)
I REALLY want to squeeze in to our class this year "To Kill a Mockingbird." It would have been a great companion piece to Freedom Writers. Stay tuned with that because I WILL find a way for 10-1 to do that novel... even though we have Shakespeare and, you know, exams and stuff...
mg
Oh well, seems that I'm libary bound...
ReplyDeleteNo, i didn't get Catcher in the Rye; i was sick
:(
I'm really enjoying Valley of the Dolls.
I'd like to read "the plague" though.
Thanks Sir!
how can u read 10 books at once, i cant even read one :P
ReplyDeleteP.S Im in QLD.....JELIOUS
No, i very much dislike QLD. I just got back from sydney - THAT was something to be jeleous of!
ReplyDeleteI have different books in different places and i read A LOT - thats how you read 10 books at once.
By the way Mr. Goodwin, do you have Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates?
i need to be motivated to read.I need motivational assistance.Like animal farm.We are being forced to read it.
ReplyDeleteWoops i forgot to read that in the holidays.
O well
marie.... you just need to find books about things that you're interested in!
ReplyDelete10 books at once. Awesome work Alex. And yes jeff its not impossible. I read 11 books in the holidays :D Now I'm addicted to the VA series. BTW giv, hurry up and find your copy. you neeeeeedddd to read it ;)
ReplyDeleteMarie reads her commerce text book.
ReplyDeleteits a start... =D
ReplyDeletewell, she reads her commerce textbook for interest reading.... it interests her.. and you know... at least you will be good at commerce marie!
ReplyDeletehaha,
can anyone tell me any interesting books they have read lately?? i really need something new to read