Friday, April 17, 2009

Your Folios

Hey, all!

Just been marking some of your folios and I have been continually surprised and impressed by the level of effort you all put into your assignments. It tells me two things:
1) That you are trying hard in your final year at St. Joseph's, and
2) You understand just how important English is

Now, I know that the thought of me using my free time to sit down and actually mark your folios is hard to swallow, I remind you of my earlier comment that I always attempt to get year 10 work out of the way first. That, and the thought of Marie Mungoven beating me with her fists because I don't have her assignment to return terrifies me!

I'm noticing people are really using this blog for a variety of purposes. Yes, there is some shameless self-promotion occurring and that's okay. I might even try to get to that play, thanks Alex!

Think of this blog as our electronic classroom, our E-Room! In real classrooms, teachers like to hang students' work on the walls. They may have been recent assignments, or something to advertise students' efforts outside the school. It's no different here. I've posted Jeff's and Josh's films here, so check them out. If anyone has something school-related to post, then that's okay with me. Just remember that this is a SCHOOL blog. If I feel that inappropriate conversations, or insults are occurring, then I may be forced to reconsider having this site. So far, so good!

I LOVE Jeff's idea about a school film competition and I am already thinking of ways in which it could be done practically. I've a few ideas to add to the competition and will be completely STEALING the idea from Jeff soon!

First week back, I'll be placing a casting call in the student notices for my next film. I'm tossing up between Dead End 3 and a different idea I have concerning EVIL SCHOOL LEADERS. I'll inform you all soon of the storyline.

Anyway, to all you critics making unnecessary and hurtful comments about me and how you're amazed you're still passing English, I DO read all new comments... and teachers have feelings too, you know! (sob, sob!)

mg

6 comments:

  1. This blog points out a lot of useful things, but mainly HOW MUCH U STEAL MY IDEAS!!!!!!!GRRR!!!!!!!!!!! but i like the, its ok for self promotion, take that luke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Goody, can you please make a blog of our results??

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw i like maths better =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I find the idea of Marie beating Mr. G up slightly hilarious. (Sorry sir).

    ReplyDelete
  5. And there is now a link to The Others on here. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. *despairs*

    Damn it Goodwin.

    If our whole English class hadn't already seen it.... -.-

    =P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Marie called him "mr. goody" !

    ReplyDelete