YES, this is another abuse post regarding the school that I thourght would be so amazingly good.
Im pretty sure I have the only half decent english teacher in the school, but she is not MR. GOODWIN. She reminds me alot of a younger version of Goodwins english enemy, Mrs Merideth. She is exploding with energy, easy to relate to and I learn well from her, she even lets us watch things from you-tube just like the good old days from 10.1. But I never thourght I would say that I actually miss being sufficated by the fart corner and Alex's ongoing flatchence problems, Isaac and Jarrod forever talking and their inapropriate comments, the constant competition for the top marks, laughing uncontrolably at something no one else found even the slightest bit amusing, class debates ( yelling matches! ) and being grossed out by the state Goodwins desk and coffee mugs. My drama teacher is a gift from God, he is really good, and guess what ex drama students from Joeys, we DONT HAVE TO DECORATE OUR BOOKS like some sort of art piece being diplayed in the louve!
Whats with the short lunches too, I seem to have enough time to eat my lunch, vist the ladies and have a 2 minute convo with my friends then the bell goes for another 2 hours of torture. They are so boring, and lack excitment. I miss making films with Jeffy, Josh, and Goodwin during lunch time. I used to make such a fool of myself filming but now I miss those times and that fun project that gave me so much joy and fulfilment.
Im a lot luckier than most people and have got mostly good teachers...apart fromANCIENT HISTORY. After the first 60 seconds im ready to shoot myself in the head because of how boring he is to listen to and watch. He refers to the Board of Studies in every statment he makes and his eyes are constantly in the back of his head rolling around while he talks and his head wobbles uncontrollably. Fortunatly or unfotunatly I sit nest to Isaac and we keep each other from falling sleep as a result have already got A+ in our first test. I wonder how good we would be if we actually enjoyed the class.
Joeys was such a great school to attend every day and I know I will cherrish the time I spent there for the rest of my life. Unfortunatly St. Marys isnt as good as we all thourght, but it has made be realise that you dont know what you have and how lucky you are until you lose it.
I got lucky with Ancient History. I got Higgins. I'm asuming you got Mooney?
ReplyDeleteI miss how comfortable our english class was. No-one likes to volunteer answers anymore and if you do you feel like a nerd or an idiot. Who's your english teacher?
Don't tell me about Drama! I already regret not taking it! I miss it, not neccessarily the teacher, but the subject. No book decorating? Hoorah!
Hi, Georgia, great to hear from you! What can I say about the boring teachers at St. Mary's? Well, they're probably getting you ready for Uni, where the lecturers are FAR MORE BORING! I remember sitting in the Griffith Duncan Theatre at Newcastle Uni, with my fellow classmates, wanting to scream with boredom. They would give us the lecture notes days in advance and then, on the day of the lecture, simply put those same sheets on overhead and read them. We would often slip out and go to the bar. The teacher would get upset and tell us off in the microphone as we walked away up the aisle. Ah, the good old days!
ReplyDeleteYou're just gonna have to push through it, cool dude! I know it's hard, but I don't foresee me getting a job there in the next two years. You have to tear those old fogies' jobs from their dead fingers to get within those walls!
On the plus side, I'm enjoying my chair! I think, if you're missing our class and filming at lunchtimes etc, then get your phone out (or your cool little Sony camera!) and make a quick movie for me.
It could be a quick hello from the old gang, or another rip-off between you and Emma Grills. Picture it: you're at school, heading to class, and you see Emma walking along, reading what appears to be a script. You are super friendly when you ask why she's reading a script - especially when she doesn't even study Drama. Emma is reluctant to show you what she's reading. A fight, or chase, ensues... you corner poor Emma, only to discover she was reading one of Josh's scripts, or Jeff's.
Or simply get members of the 'Greats' to say hello and post that.
Anyone else reading this, feel free to make something.
I was thinking of a short skit in which Goodwin is standing at the St. Mary's gates, looking longingly in at the deserted grounds. Papers blowing in the lonesome breeze. Then a kid comes out and tells him that it's Wednesday.
Anyway, good to hear from more of you. Keep it coming. Not getting the same level of enthusiasm from my new 10-1's.
By the way, Mr. Coates is fantastic. A REAL Drama teacher and you will learn a LOT from him. He won't accept slackers, though. And his opinion of students' previous Drama teachers (nameless may they be!) is less than complmentary, to say the very least! Read between the lines, people!
I will try and accompany the Drama team to St. Mary's this year for that competition Coates runs. It was fun last year and a great opportunity to run into ex-students. I'd also imagine that even if Ms. Demamial is still available and not on maternity leave, she probably wouldn't accept the invitation to come and catch up with Coatesy-Boy! Know what I'm saying? So keep your ears to the ground for that one.
Evening all,
mg
ha! wats this dis-figured relation between dem-dem and coatsie?
ReplyDeleteCoatsy was supposed to guide Dem Dem in the right direction of teaching Drama (forget who ordered this) and Dem Dem got pissed and never showed up for the tutorial like sessions. This information was all provided by Goodwin during debating season last year by the way, I'm not just making it up.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what you're talking about.
ReplyDeleteAs a matter a fact, i like St Mary's better!
ReplyDeleteBAHAHAHA!!!!! how'd you find about this Goodwin?
ReplyDelete*find OUT about this?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, isn't this post about getting you lot to make a cool short video for the blog about how much you're all enjoying St. Mary's?
ReplyDeleteWhat's all this Drama teacher rubbish?
That is all.
Secrets and lies!!!
ReplyDelete