Now, I am conscious of the fact that you guys are extremely busy with Year 11 work, but I thought I'd throw a fun challenge at you anyway. Your mission is to have a look at this slideshow and pick ONE creative writing prompt. Write a short story, or script, or poem, or anything. It doesn't have to be long and, in fact, you may wish to BEGIN a story and post it for someone else to continue.
Come on, give it a go!
once upon a time...
ReplyDeletethere lived...
ReplyDeletean insect.
ReplyDeleteNot funny, guys!
ReplyDeleteGee, someone's got no sense of humor, Goodwin! (Just thought I'd rip off your odd choice of position for a ',' as well, haha.)
ReplyDeleteand the insect...
ReplyDeleteThanks for your effort, Marie, but if no-one else wants to take this sort of thing the least bit seriously, then I'll take my cricket bat and go home.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, Josh, a comma traditionally goes before the mention of someone's name in a sentence. In the case of a non-specific pronoun ("guys") the comma rule still stands, similarly with a comma preceding a person's speech requiring inverted commas. The only exception being a direct quote, paraphrased, injected into the middle of your sentence. The comma is not required as it may interrupt the general flow of your idea, regardless of your contextual inclusion - the idea being that YOUR thoughts are blending seamlessly with those of a previous author.
Oh, and before you attempt to scale the terrifying heights of trying to catch out a teacher on his grammar and punctuation... be sure to spell "humour" correctly.
Have a lovely evening everybody.
mg
When one is on the internet, I really don't think it matters how you spell humor/humour or color/colour because it is called the WORLD WIDE web, so just have a thinky thinky about that. Also, I felt that the comma interupted the flow of you sentence, and just made it a lot more difficult to read. I'm just saying...
ReplyDeleteI think Goodwin got his bat and left josh :)
ReplyDelete