Friday, February 12, 2010

Kind of Confused :s

What are Vectors, and what is line of sight. Are they not different things? Because i thought line of sight was they line that our eyes followed due to careful planning, and vectors were 1. ways to describe that, and 2. the nine boxes across your page.

Because our new teacher completely disregards line of sight and calls line of sight vectors and it confuses me. Only slightly, but still.

Amy

5 comments:

  1. Yeah I was under the same impression as you Amz.

    Oh and sir, thanks to your film obsession I didn't have to write anything down in English today as I already knew all the film techniques we were supposed to write down if we didn't know them =D Props lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, to Amy's problem: you would be right in referring to the reading path the artist wishes you to take around the page as his/her use of vectors. You can refer to line of sight when discussing vectors. It simply means our usual reading path (from left to right, like reading a novel) is manipulated by the artist to go from A to B to C as he/she sees fit.

    In other words, vectors are the spaces on the page (think of the invisible tic-tac-toe grid) and the artist manipulates our reading path (or line of sight) from one to the other.

    Does this help?

    I can give you more if you need. Your English teacher really needs to help you with this stuff. Stupid St. Mary's "you-need-to-learn-this-stuff-on-your-own" teachers!

    Secondly, Giverny: cheers for the props! Brightened my day. Being Year 8 co-ordinator this year is already pulling me down. I worry about doing ANYTHING fun like moviemaking this year.

    If you want more movie info so you can sound brilliant for your stupid St. Mary's teacher, then I've a ton of in-depth stuff from my film-school days.

    Talk me up to your stupid St. Mary's teacher: "Sir, there's no way you're going to even be able to explain film like my old teacher. Don't even try. You'll embarrass yourself. He's a film genius and he, quite frankly, would beat you up in your stupid St. Mary's face for attempting to compete so go home and cry."

    Something along those lines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Mrs lol. And I get Jeff to do that for me. This teacher has nothing on you. I miss 10-1 english. I'll let her know when she looks at my book and asks me where my work is lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all miss 10-1. I Don't like my teacher :(

    ReplyDelete