Friday, February 12, 2010

A good link to start

Amy was concerned about vectors etc. Here's a link that briefly goes through it. It's not bad.

Vectors = the artist manipulating our USUAL reading path (from left to right) to best suit his/her purposes and increasing the impact of the visuals. Vectors refer to the spaces on the page and how our line of sight is manipulated to go from one space to another.

When discussing the effect of the vectors and the artist's ability to heighten the effect of the visuals, don't forget to include HOW our line of sight is manipulated. Could the colours be vibrant and placed effectively? Perhaps the visuals "point" from A to B to C. (ie: a models "offer" gaze could be leading us across the page to the tagline, or a mysterious logo or the product itself)

I'd love to know what you guys are doing in class so I could help you more.

Keep the questions coming too. That's what I want for this site.

Here's a link:
http://www.skwirk.com/p-c_s-54_u-247_t-642_c-2388/salience-reading-paths-vectors-colour/nsw/english-skills/required-knowledge-and-skills-language-features-and-techniques/skills-by-mode-viewing-and-representing

No comments:

Post a Comment