Tuesday, March 2, 2010

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the point of studying texts that are not relevant to us?

More to the point

Why do teachers give us texts if they say "Now this may not be a relevant text to people of your age....."

Wait

"But i like it so lets listen to someone read this text that i dont think you'll like, apreciate or be interested in!"

ARGH!

1 comment:

  1. Whoah, Rubbers! What's the text and why are you reading it? Your time is precious and the teacher should not be giving you texts he/she does not endorse. Can you think of a time when I gave you a text I hated?

    No.

    You know why? Because the MINUTE the teacher reveals he/she HATES the text you have to read, you are forever influenced to hate that text. The teacher must love the work they are pushing onto you. I remember my St. Mary's teacher pushing the play, "Away," onto us, starting with, "Now, I'll level with you people... I hate this play. It was written in one weekend by a writer who basically dared himself to do it and, personally, he should have reconsidered..."

    Now, how do you think my class reacted to this?

    Anyway, the more horror stories I read, the more I wish I was over there, kicking in some tired heads, forcing them to wake up to themselves and find that spark they may have once had, back in the seventies..."

    Goodwin out.

    ReplyDelete