Liked the music. Liked the joke about the lack of penis. The rest was pretty rubbish though... Good concept but it got old pretty quick. All in all, meh.
I'm sorry, and excuse the language, but WHAT THE F**k.
It is idiotic twats that give me great belief that one day i can win tropfest because of something this shit can then why couldn't I?.
I agree the music was pretty good but everything else i hated. Maybe i'm missing some sort of joke, i get the fact it's ripping off kyle sandilands but dear god i hated this.
Tropfests name will forever be tarnished in my view with awarding this piece of shit the prize.
Goodwin being the film nerd you are can you give me some inside knowledge on how the "film" community has taken this because if i entered Tropfest and lost to this i would put my camera down forever!
I'm starting to think that maybe, and this is only a guess, that trop fest decided to award this film it's victor in an attempt to seem more like the Oscars.
I agree. Tropfest wants to appear 'topical' and relevant. I also believe this one got the most laughs from the crowd at the Domain.
Also, the director is a bit of a celeb himself, with many celeb friends and he has been selected as a finalist three times, but never one. Perhaps they felt sorry for him.
Oh, and if you think this one was bad, check out the rest. They make this look like a work of art.
Poor Goodwin indeed. Not often an english teacher makes that mistake.
I watched it before I read the comments in an attempt to be uninfluenced by the opinion of you three and quite frankly my only thought was "If I read those comments and find out they liked it I'm gonna hit something, this sucks."
Good music but I can fake cry better than the main character. And I hardly qualify as an ameature actor.
Liked the music. Liked the joke about the lack of penis. The rest was pretty rubbish though... Good concept but it got old pretty quick. All in all, meh.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry, and excuse the language, but WHAT THE F**k.
ReplyDeleteIt is idiotic twats that give me great belief that one day i can win tropfest because of something this shit can then why couldn't I?.
I agree the music was pretty good but everything else i hated. Maybe i'm missing some sort of joke, i get the fact it's ripping off kyle sandilands but dear god i hated this.
Tropfests name will forever be tarnished in my view with awarding this piece of shit the prize.
Goodwin being the film nerd you are can you give me some inside knowledge on how the "film" community has taken this because if i entered Tropfest and lost to this i would put my camera down forever!
I'm starting to think that maybe, and this is only a guess, that trop fest decided to award this film it's victor in an attempt to seem more like the Oscars.
ReplyDeleteAll the film comps now days are.
ReplyDeleteI agree. Tropfest wants to appear 'topical' and relevant. I also believe this one got the most laughs from the crowd at the Domain.
ReplyDeleteAlso, the director is a bit of a celeb himself, with many celeb friends and he has been selected as a finalist three times, but never one. Perhaps they felt sorry for him.
Oh, and if you think this one was bad, check out the rest. They make this look like a work of art.
Should be "...but never WON." Not "one." Poor Goodwin.
ReplyDeleteI don't think i could watch the others...
ReplyDeletePoor Goodwin indeed. Not often an english teacher makes that mistake.
ReplyDeleteI watched it before I read the comments in an attempt to be uninfluenced by the opinion of you three and quite frankly my only thought was "If I read those comments and find out they liked it I'm gonna hit something, this sucks."
Good music but I can fake cry better than the main character. And I hardly qualify as an ameature actor.