Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Konbanwa!

Well it's my first night in Japan, just thought you'd all like to know. It was 7 degrees today, and there are more than 200 exchange students in the hotel tonight waiting to be bussed off to different orientation camps tomorrow morning. I'm lucky, I'm going to the closest one. The furthest is going to Osaka- 10 hours away.
There are so many different cultures and languages around at the moment though most people speak english so we haven't had to think much yet. As soon as we go to our host families on saturday though that will all change again.
Anyway, I'm gonna go crawl into bed. We arrived in Japan at 6:10 this morning and only slept 2 hours on the plane. Then we gained 2 hours of being awake as well with the time difference. So basically... we're all wiped. Konbanwa- mata ne!

5 comments:

  1. Hey! glad to hear you landed safe. Your tutor group misses you, Mitchell keeps asking about you :P the teacher keeps calling for you on the roll but I continue to tell her that your not coming back. She only reaslised that after the 10th time I told her you are gone for 11 months x.x oh well. Goodluck Ella. Takecare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great time you're going to have, Giv -- despite the jetlag! I'm very jealous. I'd love to go to Japan!

    You will have to keep us all up to date. I'm talking photos, vlogs (yes, you can! Use your phone!) and anecdotes.

    Make little vlogs to post on your tour around the place. That would be a cool thing for this blog.

    Anyway, have heaps of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't use my phone.. the battery died. Luckily my camera has video capabilities hey sir? Lol

    Hmmm, photo's. Ok, I'll see what I can do. And lol Kate. Poor mrs ford. She's not real with it is she? Tell Mitchell I said hi ok?

    ReplyDelete
  4. and no shes not with it :p

    He giv, hope your having a good time, and i agree, YOU MUST VLOG!!!:D

    so its like we're ther with you :p

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Giv,
    Sorry it took so long to comment
    I've been missing you so bad
    I hope you're enjoying yourself :)
    I'm sure you will have the time of your life!
    Always, Bree xo

    ReplyDelete