Saturday, January 30, 2010

Year 11

Ok so the first day wasn't that bad. Jeff you can't honestly say it was that terrible.
Though I have to admit, being in advanced english and being treated like we know nothing is more than slightly boring. Language techniques we've known since year 7? Come on!
Goodwin, you will be very pleased to know I already miss your english class.
And something I personally find amusing is the fact that I have Jeff in Advanced english and Josh in Extension. It's weird not having them in the same class at the same time...

23 comments:

  1. Josh is in my class and not Jeff! LOL! First day was awesome i only got lost ONCE, what a record! Giverny you know about that one. This blog is dying arrhh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really miss our old english class, i mean i havnt even had english yet but i have the same teacher i had for my orrientation. Not to happy bout that but i suppose once you've been in a good class you're never really going to like a different one. That was the same with math. WE WERE ALOUD TO TALK! it was so weird. scary even. After 3.5 years of sitting through scilence this guy actually wants you to talk to him.

    And yeah i agree that the revision stuff sucks. In math we had to do all of chapter one for homework cause it was just what we should have learnt in year 5 so it was boring and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our english teacher is a metalhead. =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thing is though, he seems sort of uptight for a metalhead... He makes us sit in alphebetical order for god's sake! Meanwhile, my tutor group teacher lets us call her Bron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree amy, I think most people are going to miss 10-1 english. Josh don't worry. We are in alphebetical order for religion and we swap rows every week xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm feeling the love, guys. I just started my new 10-1 class last Friday and, well... it's just not the same. They seem like great kids and all, but, well, they're strangers. I haven't had time in the past few years to train them up on the Goodwin ways. They don't laugh at my jokes. They seem uninterested. Only one of them knew what a pun was when I cleverly used one in a sentence before stopping and saying, "Hey, what was that I just used? Anybody? Anybody at all?"

    You're sitting in alphabetical order, eh Josh? That's just offensive. You DO realise I had you lot in alphabetical order in Year 9 and by Year 10 some of you stayed in those same seats, even though you didn't have to.

    A Maths teacher who asks for your opinion, Amy? What? There's no opinion in Maths, only silence! Maths must be respected for the useless, mumbo-jumbo that it is! By the way, is there still a "Maths in Society" subject for the numerically challenged, like myself? I loved that class at St. Mary's. We called it "Maths in Space." Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What? I don't remember ever having to sit in
    alphabetical order for you... hmm, that's weird. And I'm not 100 percent sure, but I don't think there's any subject called Maths in society, at least not currently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giveryn the idea of going back to school wasn't what was killing me, it was the fact of having to get up early again, catch the stuipd bus, be reunited with stupid people.

    I've got no probels with the day to day running of the school although im getting mightily sick of "annotating" in english :@.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok on that level I totally understand Jeff. Lol. And I agree about the annotations. That class is going to turn into my nap time I swear.

    Aww poor Goodwin. You must really be missing us english nerds. I'm dropping in tomorrow to return one of your books I've had for ages btw. I can remember the alphatbetical order. I fell into a habit. I sat in the same seat in your class since yr 7 religion. I liked where it was *shrugs*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poor Goodwin, no one is laughing at your jokes. Sad day.

    Oh and Josh don't worry I can't remember sitting in alphabetical order either. :S

    Giv if your class is nap time mine must not be worth going to. We have done one sheet on revision on english terms and thats it. I spent most of the time drawing smile faces on my book as the work was pretty boring and a little easy for advanced. But oh well at least we get to watch the matrix :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You guys got to watch the Matrix!!!??? God damnit! We have to watch Pleasentville (which, mind you, I don't dislike as much as most people in my class, however, I do feel that there was some wasted opertunity with the idea, and that it could have been done much better.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't remember what our class is meant to be watching. I know I'm probably the only one in the class who's finished the book we were set...

    I'm missing Joeys and the fact that the teachers knew where we were at and set work accordingly.
    My maths teacher doesn't know what to do with bree and I because we work at more than twice the speed of the rest of the class. Last lessons we finished the set work and then some with half the class to go, and then said 'yep' with this look on her face that pretty much said 'what do i do with them now?' and walked off. Bree and I talked all math lesson. It was weird....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Indeed we do Josh :) As for books we havn't been set one or if she told us I didn't hear. funny that ;p

    ReplyDelete
  14. God damit Giv, i havent even proceeded to look at that piece of rubbish, nor do i have the time. Considering just watching the movie and reading selected chapters. :S

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking for Alibrandi. I read it years ago so I kinda speed-read through it this time to refresh my memory.

    I think the movie is worse than the book Jeff..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't that the movie we started watching in English last year? Coz that was terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You just hate every movie, don't you, Josh!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Only those with really annoyingly stuck up main characters who you want to slap...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Most movies have that josh ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. What are you talking about? I've seen many movies where there are no annoying characters (except for those deliberately annoying for comic effect, but they don't count).

    ReplyDelete