Friday, January 1, 2010

2010 Short Film Competition

Remember Jeff's ad with Georgia, the newsreader who suddenly flies and finds herself in the desert, just to promote the Short Film Competition? Remember my effort with the poor kid being interrogated by the film group about the whereabouts of their entry? Well...

I need ideas for a new ad campaign for the 2010 Short Film Competition. I have a few preliminary ideas floating around, but am always out for bright sparks with their bored brains, ready to dump a fresh load of ideas like a new catch of prawns. Know what I'm saying.

This year will involve a screenwriting component. I haven't decided yet what to make the length of each screenplay. And this year the Sydney schools will (hopefully) take part. I'm going to set up a website to showcase past films, including some of my own and some of yours.

So, a 30 to 60 second ad... go for it!

7 comments:

  1. Australia was so much easier to come up with ideas for.
    I really wouldnt have a clue. Sorry.
    And i know that this comment is kind of pointless because i havnt contributed at all, but its not like i have anything better to do.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could basically compile 30 seconds of footage out of clips from famous/classic movies, and then at the end say something like "the people who made all of these films started out by making short films for (insert film comp's name here), if you want to be famous, do the same..." And then of course the logo for your competion should pop up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. all sorts of copyright issues josh, even if it is just a short film comp.

    As for an idea, i'll get back to you on that one, my minds busy thinking of a storyline for a film i wanna start shooting soon :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are plenty of great films in public domain (non-copyright). Nosferatu, Night of the Living dead, possibly Citizen Kane (the other two definitely are though).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good idea, Josh. Have to see about the whole copyright issue.

    This year, for my major Class Apart Production, I was thinking along the lines of an old silent movie. I'm still pondering the idea I had in '09 about a mad scientist who brings his lost love back to life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sir what's the logo for the comp? I need it for poster designs...

    Plus I still need the brief for that other stuff.

    And YES jeff, I'll get stick into the design as soon as I can. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silent movies are boring, just do it in black and white with a lot of flashing lightening in the background.

    ReplyDelete