So, guys!The end of the road! Finally!
How do you feel?
I'll tell you how I feel and then you can respond.
I'm sad it's over. Regardless of how your School Certificate results turn out, you need to remember that school is more than mere marks. You have become a close group. You're a team, even though you will be split up next year. Stay close to one another.
I wish every single one of you the best for the future and I want you all to know that I will never forget 10-1.
Love
Mr. Goodwin
wow, sir. You made me cry.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, i'm actually sad that we aren't coming back to joeys next year. and i'm excited about meeting new people and having classes that i will enjoy, but it's really scary at the same time, having to have an entire new year group, hardly anyone we know will be in our classes, and th teachers don't know our names, writing prose, or anything. But then, i guess we get the chance to have a fresh new start where we can change and it doesnt really matter.
bottom line. Thankyou SO much mr goodwin for teaching me for years 8, 9 an 10. I really enjoyed having you as my english teacher, and i really will miss you.
Bec
I remember the first time I had you sir, we wrote haikus on our year 6 orientation - i think mine was about bugs or something... =S
ReplyDeleteThen we had you for year 7 religion, where you famously compared Jesus to John Butler and thankfully didn't expel me for calling my newspaper "The Daily Crucifier"
Since then I've been lucky enough to have you for English every year. A subject which quickly became one of my favorites.
From Matt Kelly and psycho to Isaac and Megan Fox; the past four years have been full of memories; many of which will stay with us forever.
Thank you so much for making English both enjoyable and interesting. Your approach and enthusiasm is inspiring and English just wont be the same with another teacher...
We'll Miss You,
~ Alex
hello.
ReplyDeleteI suppose we're finally free. But then again, for the last four (well almost four for me) years, joeys has been all that we've known.
It'll will be good to have a new perspective on things, a change in atmosphere, but i'm going to miss lochinvars isolation.
Thankyou for being my English teacher for year 7, 9 and 10. I know that this may sound cliche (haha, English technique), But you really have been the best English teacher I've ever had. Also I only consider that 4 teachers at this school has made a real impact on my learning, and you are one of them (for good reasons).
Once again, thankyou!
Amy
Oh and Sir, You still have my copies of Shakespeare's Insults and R & J: Manga Edition
ReplyDeleteYou won't forget 10-1, that is of course until next year when you get a new 10-1 :P, don't be folled my friends, he says this every year ahaha.
ReplyDeleteWhilst you have been a great teacher for the 4 years i've had you, it's what happens out of class that makes me respect you so much.
From simply watching your movies and seeing what could be done in a school environment really drove me to do it my self, but a kid with a camera can't just put together a master piece by him self, and this is where you came in, you gave up endless amounts of lunch, helping me, supervising me (defending me when teachers want to put a stop to us being out of bounds) and teaching me all new things about film.
I have always been inspired by you and really want to thank you, i relly can't think of a teacher i ever have or ever will be as close to as what i have been with you.
I wish you all the best of luck with both teaching and your film making, any spare oppertunity i have i want to come and show you and Ms Merideth the films i have been making whilst out of St Joeys.
So once again thanks for everything.
Jeff
im just going to throw it out there, I DONT WANNNNNNNNNNA LEAVEEEE YETTT:(
ReplyDeleteI must say i did love our English class. St Marys seems like a wonderful school so i am sure we will all have a great 2 years. Thank you Mr G for being such a wonderful teacher over the past 3 years. Our class will surely be missed.Make sure this blog stays alive!!!
ReplyDelete