nawww, i'm actually doing something in After Effects this morning but i have been working on my VLOG so when i get this After Effects thing done i'll continue working on that as well.
But i like the idea of a podcast, it's a great idea for those of us who hate seeing ourselves on camera :P.
Spared no expense this time, Jefferson. I sat in Room 102 and spoke into my laptop, using Audacity. Check it out. It's a free download and is fantastically easy to use!
I then had to store my podcast online somewhere (it needs a URL) and most storage websites cost money. But I found a free storage website called Internet Archive. You sign up there, as well as a site called ourmedia.org and they store ALL YOUR audio, video etc. for free!
I DO hate the sound of my voice though, so I'm not sure about how many of these I'll do.
I think i may have Audicity, i've got the whole CS4 Master Suite, I think Audicity will come in handy when im taking the Audio from my seperate recorder for my films off that and onto the computer.
I got my recorder off Ebay for around $30 bucks which is so cheap, so if u want to start using ya boom mic i suggest you buy one of these, actually wait, your camera has a mic socket doesn't it? Have you looked into buying a converted thing so you can plug ya Boom mic into ya Camera?
I don't know if plugging a boom mic into a camera would be a good idea. I mean unless you had a still shot, you would need one person to operate the camera, and one person to hold the boom mic. And that means everytime the camera moves, the guy holding the boom mic would have to move at exactly the same time so that the camera doesn't get jerked around or anything.
Boom mics come with long cords, the one i just bought comes with like a 2-3 meter cord i think. And your gunna need 2 people to operate the camera and the Boom as well, so don't see why it's any less of a convienience plugging it into the camera, It just saves ya from having to dub it in later.
Enthusiastic haha
ReplyDeleteDry cleaning haha
Thank you sooo much for doing this!!
I've got my VLOG nearly ready too. It'll probably go up tonight.
ReplyDeletenawww, i'm actually doing something in After Effects this morning but i have been working on my VLOG so when i get this After Effects thing done i'll continue working on that as well.
ReplyDeleteBut i like the idea of a podcast, it's a great idea for those of us who hate seeing ourselves on camera :P.
P.S wat did u use to record the sound?
Spared no expense this time, Jefferson. I sat in Room 102 and spoke into my laptop, using Audacity. Check it out. It's a free download and is fantastically easy to use!
ReplyDeleteI then had to store my podcast online somewhere (it needs a URL) and most storage websites cost money. But I found a free storage website called Internet Archive. You sign up there, as well as a site called ourmedia.org and they store ALL YOUR audio, video etc. for free!
I DO hate the sound of my voice though, so I'm not sure about how many of these I'll do.
hahaha. i think you achieved what you set out to do.
ReplyDeleteAnd i'll get that dry cleaning money to you :p.
Amy
I have one thing to say. Everyone here is awesome, especially mr goodwin :)
ReplyDeleteI think i may have Audicity, i've got the whole CS4 Master Suite, I think Audicity will come in handy when im taking the Audio from my seperate recorder for my films off that and onto the computer.
ReplyDeleteI got my recorder off Ebay for around $30 bucks which is so cheap, so if u want to start using ya boom mic i suggest you buy one of these, actually wait, your camera has a mic socket doesn't it? Have you looked into buying a converted thing so you can plug ya Boom mic into ya Camera?
I don't know if plugging a boom mic into a camera would be a good idea. I mean unless you had a still shot, you would need one person to operate the camera, and one person to hold the boom mic. And that means everytime the camera moves, the guy holding the boom mic would have to move at exactly the same time so that the camera doesn't get jerked around or anything.
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to make a podcast...
ReplyDeleteYeah, well, beggars can't be choosers...
ReplyDeleteBoom mics come with long cords, the one i just bought comes with like a 2-3 meter cord i think. And your gunna need 2 people to operate the camera and the Boom as well, so don't see why it's any less of a convienience plugging it into the camera, It just saves ya from having to dub it in later.
ReplyDelete