Sir, can you please just tell me again by what time we have to be at school on Friday. Also, side note, I was watching Austar, and The Lost Boys, which I think I saw 15 minutes of in class last year, was on, so I watched all of it. It was terrible, just terrible!
Josh, I'm glad you're on the blog!
ReplyDeleteCan you please let your mum and dad know that if our team gets through to the state finals that THEY ARE ON THE SAME DAY... or, should I say, night.
Starting at 6:00pm AT NIGHT! Finishing at 8:40!
This means that our return home will be much later, approximately 10:30, maybe 11pm
If this is impossible for you or your parents, can you let me know by tomorrow? If I don't read a blog from you, I'll call your parents in person.
Actually, can you ask your parents if they would prefer me to call them about this?
If we get knocked out, then nothing changes, we'll be home for tea! If we win through to State, then our day gets longer.
Hear from you soon.
By the way, we'll leave school by 8:30am at the latest.
ReplyDeleteThe Lost Boys is a classic.
ReplyDeleteOkay, my parents both said that's fine.
ReplyDeleteNow to move on to more important matters...
The Lost Boys is a classic example of a piece of crap. I don't mind movies that mix genres, but this just couldn't decided if it was a gory horror film for adults, filled with blood, or a cheesy kids film in the vein of "I think my Mum's dating a vampire" (this probably came after the lost boys mind you, but you get the point.) The two just don't go together. Not to mention the twist was incredibly poor, and the extent of the vampires' powers were inconsistant. The last line was not funny either.
I agree with you on all those points. It is a piece of crap, but it's still a classic '80's film. This was the era of the 'Coreys' (never saw 'em since this, though. They were meant to be stars!)
ReplyDeleteThere are some genuinely funny moments in it, and the twist is deliberately bad! I'm not saying this is up there with Scorcese's "Taxi Driver", but it was good fun. Some terrible dialogue too.
Apparently, Joel Schumacher (Batman and Robin - yes, that WAS a piece of crap!) didn't want ANY blood and gore at all. The studio forced it in, so we get that 'bonfire' scene, which the director deliberately filmed as really over the top and like a Guns-n-Roses music video. He did it to piss off the studio.
Anyway, I don't even own it on DVD so I don't know why I'm defending it.
GO, ALIENS! GO JAMES CAMERON! GO AVATAR!
Mmm, I guess that's fair enough, but for me, if I want to watch an 80's movie which is rubbish but fun, I'll watch a John Carpenter film, his stuff is always great (well, not including the ghosts of mars, but mainly...)
ReplyDeleteOne more quick thing, I know you say we'll leave around 8:30, but when do you actually want us at school by?
ReplyDelete8:00 would be good. 8:15.
ReplyDeleteWe have to grab some school blazers before we go. Do you have a tie? I'd say the school would have spares.
I've secured us a vehicle with air con! It's a 4 door, 4WD Toyota Ute, but it's better than sweating to death in 40 degree heat!
Haha, okay. Yes, I do have a tie. Does this mean we'll have to travel with... other people?
ReplyDeleteYou, Amy, Giverny and me. I didn't like the idea of going with St. Peters. What if they win and we don't? We would have to sit around for HOURS!
ReplyDeleteWhat if we win and they don't? They sit around for hours!
No. Best to keep it simple. If we win and have to wait for 3 hours before the evening session, I'll shout you all to the movies!
Haha, I was more thinking Mr Greeves or someone. Anyway, point is, good. :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck guys!!
ReplyDelete