Saturday, August 29, 2009

I just saw the greatest documentary ever!

It's called "Not quite Hollywood: The wild, untold story of Ozploitation". It's about Australian film, and I have to say, I've never been so proud to call myself an Australian in my life. Definately check it out, there's both trailers and the full thing on youtube.

9 comments:

  1. Glad you came across that one, Josh. I knew you would, considering who pops up to offer his opinion and theory. Let's just say he is one inglourious basterd!

    This country made some absolute garbage in the past. But at least it was ENTERTAINING! I'm so sick of what Australia is funding for films these days: arty-farty, let's all sit and be depressed and self-centred nobodies who do nothing and eventually kill ourselves movies.

    You couldn't DRAG ME to an Australian film these days!

    mg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently Balibo is meant to be fantastic!

    Speaking as a fan of the arty-farty-let's-all-sit-and-be-depressed-and-self-centred-nobodies-who-do-nothing-and-eventually-kill-ourselves-genre (aka. the SBS demographic), even I have VERY little tolerance for Aussie arts funded cinema...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodwin, hold in there, in about 10 years i'll be making some of the best Films eva and then you'll say, "i Love Australian Films" hahahahaahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yeah, I admit, most of the films did look like crap, but damn good crap. I also have to say I'm quite angry that currently the only big name director we currently have (besides George Miller I guess, but now he only makes films occasionaly, and when he does, they're crap like Happy feet)is Baz Luhrmann, who I consider an absolute embarassment with his chick flicks and his cutty-not-visible editing. I know he does pretty good in the visual side of things, but I just hate his films so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Josh and Jeff are winning awards for their contributions to Australian cinema I will expect to be thanked during the acceptance speeches.

    Speaking of good Aussie themes, I've been tinkering with an idea that involves man vs. nature. It's a survival story, one man who finds himself having to defend all that he loves against... you'll have to wait and see!

    mg

    ReplyDelete
  6. So... would that be anything like 'Long Weekend'?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously goodwin, Finish one film, then start thinking about another, here i am, having no clue wat i wanna do for my next film and you have about 100 ideas, it's annoying, but where and when would u film it, at school ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No. This isn't a school one. This is one I'm seriously working on. I've been researching and taking notes on my subject in the hope that I can put together a proper feature length script to take to an agent or studio.

    It's set mostly in the outback and is basically a thriller / horror as my main character is forced to face a deep, uncrontrollable fear he has harboured since a tragic event changed his life.

    Enough said, besides, you wouldn't want me getting lazy now, would you. And by the way, I'm aware of those who have not completed their tasks. And I'm aware of those receiving ZERO as a result.

    mg

    ReplyDelete
  9. HAHA, that sounds pre sweet, although i can just imagine u going to all film premiers trying to give actors and that your script, u leave it on their car windscreen and end up getting a restraining order taken out on your mwahahaha.

    ReplyDelete