Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Australian Macbeth

Dear Goodwin (or anyone who knows),

Mrs Merideth mentioned something to me in tutor group the other day concerning an Australian version of Macbeth. She said that you had read it and didnt like it very much, but that she loved it and recomended that i read it.

Just wondering if it had a certain name. I'm not sure if thats a stupid question :s.

Anyway. Hoping that you could shed some light on the subject.

Amy

5 comments:

  1. Hello Amy,

    It's a film. It was made about three years ago and stars the Aussie guy who is currently in Terminator: Salvation.

    It is basically "Underbelly" meets Shakespeare. Macbeth and his army are mobsters and carry automatic weapons. The witches are three Grammar School Schools (nasty, those private school girls!)

    I'm not sure why Mrs. Meredith digs it so much. I couldn't bear it the first time I saw it(believe me, there is yet to be a second viewing! I think I'd prefer swine flu than sit through this again).

    When the witches inform him of his potential greatness the scene, for some unknown reason, takes place on an empty nightclub stage. The club lights flicker and dried ice smokes across the floor, despite the club being deserted...

    I don't know, maybe I'm being too harsh and should give it another go. I may get it again these holidays and hold my breath... maybe I was in the wrong frame of mind at the time.

    The girl who plays Lady Macbeth isn't right in my opinion.

    Give it a watch (it IS MA15+, just so you know) and let me know what you think.

    Personally, Mrs. Meredith's taste in movies leaves a lot to be desired. The woman thinks Strictly Ballroom is one of the greatest films ever made. I will never let her live that down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sir......

    what's it called???

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAHA Strictly Ballroom, yet another Baz Lurhman hit :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok
    will tey to get around to it

    Thankyou

    Amy

    ReplyDelete