Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Discussion: What's your favorite movie?

and why do you love it?

Mines Across the Universe. I love the story [a love story between Lucy and Jude, set in the 60s told through Beatles songs], and its soundtrack and it's beautifully shot.

What about you guys?

19 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah the dark knight was awesome!

    Slumdog Millionare, the watchman and the boat that rocked are my favorites from this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, Jeff I think you forgot to tell us what your favourate film is currently, unless you mean a film called "as said as it is". And alex, do you mean WatchmEn? I'm not one to critisize others because they have different tastes to me, but Watchmen was just a bunch of poorly filmed music videos put together, with terrible acting driving them. As for my favourate film, I'm going to have to say both 'Death Proof' and 'Planet Terror' because they are just really fun films with some cool dialogue (how the hell do u spell that!?) and worked really well as a throwback to cheap 70's movies. That being said, I like pretty much anything by Rodriguez or Tarantino (the director's of the two films I mentioned).

    ReplyDelete
  4. To be honest i really dont no. Im kinda like Goodwin, i have 1000 favourite movies (except i haven't seen every movie ever made).

    The Dark Knight would Definately have to be close to the top,not because of all the hype or anything its just a really good film!

    However (as sad as it is (no pun intended)) The Elaphant Man is currently my favourite film, just because it was so sad and touching, didn't give a crap about the camera work, just loved the story

    so yer

    May

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did mean watchmen. Which i personally think was very good. Even though aprill and i spent most of the movie with out hands over our eyes screaming in a shameless show of girly hysteria. Great soundtrack though. The use of "the sound of silence" by simon and garfunkel during the funeral scene is heartbreaking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The use of songs was often quite good, but sometimes it was overdone, especially during the action sequences which had that same annoying technique used in 300

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well i'm not sure that i have a favorite as my mind changes itself.
    LOVE Chicago, Oliver, Caberet, On the town, West side story. God you can so tell i hate musicals.
    LOVE (non musicals) Schindlers List, Michael Collins, Dead Poets Society (loved it before we watched it in class) and another one starting with White...

    Am yet to view Sophies Choice (Bout world war 2 jewish stuff, has Meryl Streep in it!!!) and now HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE Little shop, little shop of horrors. Bop shoo bop ...

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. annoying "300" technique aside, the cinematography was amazing. The first bit when the comedian's killed and gets thrown out the window was totally wow-worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore Chicago and cabaret!

    and I'm sooooo over little shop :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have favourite movies but..
    i always forget the name of them.
    I always remember the story but forget the name of the movie.
    i think it`s because i watch too many.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree the start was amazing Alex, I also loved the opening credits (they were strangely my favourite scenes of the whole movie) but everything with Night Owl and even Rorshoark-hard to spell name (especially after he lost his mask) was annoying. Also, the woman who played Silk Spectre (I think that was her name) was a terrible actress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i didn't like her hair - WAY too 1980s librarian!

    Dr Manhattan is awesome though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. and that is SUCH a marie-like response! :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. hmm.. my favourite movie would have to be either dirty dancing or grease. now, before u all barf, listen why. haha i'm a real 60's and 50's person, so there that's why. and i like musicals, comedies and romances. and dirty dancing has a FANTASTIC storyline. do tell if you disagree, please do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  15. RE: DIRTY DANCING - i don't get how baby has all that sex without a worry in the world and yet freaks over her sister doing it. :P

    Plus Patrick Swayze is ewwww :P

    I love grease though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha. I love flashdance and dirty dancing.

    Most of my favourite movies are older. My Girl is definitely up there and Zeferelli's R&J. I also love 10 Things I Hate About You and Coyote Ugly.

    My movie tastes are as varied as my music tastes really.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate a lot of movies (that's a dangerous thing to say, considering the number of movie-freaks that are in our class). I can only think of one decent movie I've seen, which I can't even remember the name of. It's Danish.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What's Eating Gilbert Grape

    Shawshank Redemption

    Tropic Thunder

    Jar Head

    Inside man

    They are the best ever beacuase all other movies suck!!
    Except Stefies danish one ahahah

    AND EVERYONE STEFFIE IS ON MYSPACE VIDEOS FROM GROOVE IN THE MOO!!!!!!
    she is dancing ahahahhahahhahahahahahaha
    check it out
    Myspace videos Rov reporter groove in the moo!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Damn you Isaac!!!!!!

    I was praying that nobody from our school would see that. There was really embarrassing footage of me dancing AND singing but they cut that out. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete