Monday, May 31, 2010

Mrs Meredith's Resignation

Okay, I think it's time to let everyone know.  Yes, Mrs Meredith has resigned.  She resigned last Monday.  Let me say, however, that there is no conspiracy, or juicy story as to why she quit.  She wasn't fired or pushed by the CSO - in fact, they were very shocked.  You will probably hear a whole bunch of stories from a variety of sources - and I guarantee they'll all be wrong.

I'm not going to go into detail about her reasons, other than she felt it was time to move on.  She deeply regrets the loss she's caused her students and is very sad they will miss her.  I know all of you guys loved Mrs Meredith a great deal and many were priveliged to have her at some time or another as a teacher.  If you want, you can put messages on this blog and I'll direct her to it so she can read them.

Don't think she's sitting at home, sobbing uncontrollably.  She's very happy with her decision and is looking forward to a new chapter in her life.  I'll miss her very much -- who will keep ME in line now?  Who else can I accuse of chewing tobacco and keeping her spittoon under the sacred space?  Who else can I accuse of kicking like a mule?

Anyway, that's the real news.  You've heard it from me, a reliable source.  Try to ignore any other rubbish floating about.  People make stuff up to keep THEIR lives interesting.

mg

7 comments:

  1. How could you forget that she swears like a sailor!? :P
    Please tell Mrs Meredith that EVERYONE misses her dearly and that English is crap without her. I wish her luck with whatever she chooses to do next, and hope she continues to do everything exceptionally well. :)
    ♥ Shell ♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs meredith should come to our school. We could use a decent english teacher.

    Pray that none of our english teachers see this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually gunna say who would kick you like a mule now but you beat me too it.

    I'm actually quite annoyed at this news as she always said to me "when your older, you'll have to come teach my class about your films"...can't teach if she aint working :(

    Also, Goodwin, why no appearance at shakespeares in the cloisters? very annoyed, was looking out for you. never fear though, probs in a couple of weeks we're going out to joeys to perform it (possibly) so you will have to make sure u come and watch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was extremely disappointed about the Cloisters event. When I realised it was going to be impossible for me to be there I was VERY P@#($% OFF!

    I was waiting for ages to see this thing! I love the Cloisters! Will DEFINITELY be looking out for you guys at St Joeys. Considering Drama is now run by Ms Patterson, it will be a welcome improvement to what used to be invited to St Joeys by the Drama teacher -- NOTHING!

    So keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear I heard no stories other than that she resigned! I'm not around anyone to tell me stories... xP

    For Mrs. Meredith- I wish you all the best on whatever path you choose to persue. I wish you happy memories of students and teachers at St. Josephs, and the knowledge that you're always going to be loved by any student that ever had you as a teacher. And quite probably by the ones that didn't. Good luck =D

    And Ms. Patterson is runnign Drama? Can I come back and take it as my elective now? We'll actually learn something right? >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think if i was to take it again i wouldnt be able to concentrate with her as a teacher (starts drewling).

    ReplyDelete
  7. jefferson, you still disgust me.
    and im still in big shock about the news, it wasnt joeys going back and not seeing her. had to put up with mr goodwin hey? but thats okay, i was welcomed back into his classroom, but also kicked out of my back seat! so distraught there. haaaa. once again good to see the famous bat, but i think georgia ruined it by immitating you.
    so yes, thats my contribution. so good bye

    ReplyDelete