Thursday, January 13, 2011

Point of Interest?

Anyone remember doing the assessment where we watched an episode of Enough Rope in which Aron Ralston was interveiwed about the time he was trapped by boulder whilst hiking in Utah? Going through some movie's coming out this year and found this one- they made his story into a movie. Not entirely sure I'll go see it but it's something we all have a bit of background knowledge on and it could be interesting to see how they did it.
Either way, I feel like I'm the only one posting on here these days... comment? Anyone?

4 comments:

  1. It's called 127 Hours and it looks pretty intense. Critics are hailing it as amazing, and apparently some audience members have been walking out during a particularly gross scene. (Hmm, I wonder what that could be?)

    It's directed by Danny Boyle, who also directed Trainspotting, 28 Days Later and Sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refuse to watch anything by Boyle ever since he bad-mouthed George A. Romero. Yes, I still come her occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did he say about Romero? By the way, I find Romero only so-so. Even his first Living Dead movie was mediocre, but with a fantastic climax! My jury's still out on him though. I'm sure he'll be devastated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well during the time when 28 Days Later was being released, he basically dissed the entire zombie genre (specifically mentioning George A.) and kept on pointing out why his film was soooo much better than all of them. I don't actually care that much mind you, I'm only really joking, but yeah, I do love me Night and Dawn, and don't mind Day. With that being said though, I'm not really that keen on Boyle. The third act of 28 Days seemed really cheap to me for some reason- almost like a music video even, Sunshine was meh- sort of seemed like a cross between Alien and Event Horizon, which were both superior films. I did like Trainspotting though.

    ReplyDelete