Caught out!
Recently spotted: Rebecca Johnson and some of her no-good pals!
Where: Maitland Mercury.
Why: They were being asked whether they would go to see the next Sex and the City film.
Result: They all said yes.
Teacher's opinion: No-one should see Sex and the City
The End
ahahahahahaha. Funniest thing, and i agree with goodwin. Sex and the City is crap, boring, and oh so predicdable. Sorry to anyone who likes it.
ReplyDeleteAmy
Don't get me wrong, I love Bec and co. to pieces! I just thought I'd have a gentle dig. I'm surprised I haven't copped it from that omnipresent and omniscient voice that is Josh Walkling!
ReplyDeleteI can hear him now, "How could you, Goodwin?"
Slow news day, I guess.
NAPLAN exam, anyone?
NAPLAN?! you serious?
ReplyDeleteOUr year was the worst year for those sorts of tests. Whenever they decided to introduce a new one we were either in year 3. 5. 7. 8. 9. or even yr 10.
So no sorry, i'm not up for an naplan tests.
Amy
You guys obviously haven't been reading the news. Apparently teachers voted against giving the test because of how the government plans to use the results on its myschool website. I don't recall being part of this vote, but that's how it goes, I guess.
ReplyDeleteSo, it looks as though you guys get screwed again! I bet you wish this happened when YOU had to sit the test!
yeah i did hear that, and they're only pulling out of the Naplan tests if Jullia Gillard doesnt do what they are proposing as a possitive way to use the Naplan results. They just think that its not right to use the data that way because it brands schools as failures and therefore its students. I think its fair enough to want to pull schools out of the naplan, because honestly, i dont see why they introduced them in the first place. I think that school certificate and HSC are enough, and that if they were desperate they should have one in year 6. But anyway.
ReplyDeleteExcellent response, Amy! I totally agree!
ReplyDeleteExams should be used as a tool for students to gauge their level of achievement in a subject and, hopefully, use them to help them get placement in university, or employment etc. They should NOT be used so governments can list schools and charge fees accordingly.
So... how's everyone's holidays been...?
Boring. And sorry i'm the only one commenting, but everybody else must have things to do.
ReplyDeleteI've been trying to complete my music assignment wich is driving me insane. Its nuts how complicated people can make writing music, because in Music 2 no longer can you say, i sat down one day and i played this, it sounded cool so i'm going to use it. I'm also in the middle of moving house, which is also driving me insane because i hate packing stuff. And moving reminded me of the lymeric i wrote in your year 7 english class. I forget how it went, but i know it was called "Boxed in" because you said you wanted the title to consist of a pun, and the first one to do so would get a chocolate, speaking of which, you owe me goodwin.
But, yeah, boring.
How have yours been sir?
Sorry to intrude but i really dont see a problem with the whole myschool thing. I know if i was a parent and wasnt from the area i would use it to some extent to decide my childs schooling. of course it wouldn't be the only factor but what's the big idea?
ReplyDeleteOh and also Goodwin i have seen you many times on the way home from school while i'm on the bus, your waiting at the traffic lights near the court house in ya sweet-ass mitsubishi, with ya aviator sunnies on, bopping ya head to the music.
ReplyDeleteSo don't deny it!
This went from Sex and the City to NAPLAN? Good work guys.
ReplyDeleteI will see Sex and the City purely for the novelty of watching it in japanese. You guys should really find a copy of Pirates in the Caribbean in Japanese. Hilariously amusing.
At least you're on holidays amy. I'm at school still >.< Though I get the first week of may off for golden week. And summer break not long after.
NAPLAN was boring and painstakingly easy for me. I don't like the idea of the myschool site using the results either. Think about it. If you had no choice but to send your child to that school would you want them to be judged for it by future employers who may look it up? I don't think so.
agreed (with giv)
ReplyDeleteand yeah your still at school, but you get to do gardening. lol
Don't remind me.
ReplyDeleteAs an avid Sex and the City fan (whod have guessed :P), the main question I ask is 'what can they put in a new movie!?'
ReplyDeleteThe last one sort of had that "the end" sort of vibe to it.... =S
one of them dies.
ReplyDeleteProbably Samantha. She's the oldest. lol
HOW.DARE.YOU.GOODWIN.
ReplyDeleteBe prepared to be viciously mauled by thousands of woman with their designer stilletos.
lol
ReplyDeleteBeing mauled by thousands of women with designer stilettos would be a bad thing?
ReplyDeleteI'm with Goodwin with this one. Bring em on!
ReplyDeleteOk. So obviously goodwin, you had nothing better to do on this particular day. Yes i said yes, no i am not ashamed of it :)
ReplyDelete